A very old church stands tall in the evening light near the Civil War ghost town of Rodney, MS.
Built around 1829, the Bethel Presbyterian Church’s strong and bold design is an early example of the Greek Revival and is a rather unusual move away from the flair and arches of the Federal style.
The church was damaged by a tornado in 1943 and the rear walls and portions of the flooring had to be rebuilt. Exceptional care was taken in rebuilding efforts to keep the windows and strong appearance as close to the original as possible.
Today, the church no longer has an active congregation but is maintained through donations.